Sunday, May 25, 2008

Germany Bound!

It is the night before I leave and I am packing for Germany and Africa.  I am so excited to travel to Germany with my good friend India and reunite with Ina.  Someone who I have not seen in five years.  It will be so beautiful to see her get married.  I am looking forward to the party that we are going to go to where everyone smashes plates and the bride and groom have to clean it up.   I will write more about that celebration.  Right now I am watching Harry Potter and trying to pack.  I am quite nervous for this trip, but at the same time very excited.  I can't believe that it has been a year since I have been to Africa and now I am going back to work with the same teacher and possibly the same students.  I couldn't have made the trip without the generous help of my friends and family.  I feel so grateful to everyone.  I can't wait to ride a bike, a moto (boda), watch the sun sets while drinking vodka out of a bag, singing at the top of our lungs, dancing with the children, and feeling the most free that I have ever felt in my life.  I can't wait to return to the kind hearted Ugandans that I have missed this past year.  I can't describe it.  I get goose bumps just thinking about it!  Uganda here I come!!!  

7 comments:

Unknown said...

You are such an inspiration to me!

Christina Marín said...

I bid you a fond farewell and hope to follow you all the way through your travels! Please be safe and know that I am VERY VERY VERY proud of you and the work you have contributed to our program and you will be contributing to the fields of theatre and education on a global scale!

I love that you have created the blog - thanks for taking us with you!!!!

Suerte y cuidate!

Un abrazo
Christina

snye said...

oh margot, enjoy yourself! i'm so glad you got to go again, and i will be following your blog to get all the wonderful details. bon voyage :)

Trisha said...

You just gave me goosebumps reading your post. Can't wait to see you!

Cristina said...

Oh chicklette! You haven't even officially been gone an hour and I already miss you! I'm so happy for you though! I wish you the best in all your endeavors...I'm sure you'll be moving mountains while you're there and bringing the sun shine with you (even on a rainy day). Can't wait to read all about your adventures!

Love you!!!!!

H-less

Susan said...

I'll miss you lady! I'm totally jealous too. You do such amazing work. Have an even better time than last time!

WGIH said...

Love you Margot and India! My parents send their best wishes to you as well....miss you already....
xxxooo
Jessica