Thursday, June 24, 2010

Holland Plays in the World Cup Today...While we perform! :) Big Day for Holand!

It is true, the world has turned upside down for the world cup! As we were setting up our show today in this beautiful house that looks like a museum, we could hear the chanting and hollering outside in the streets. I was glad that we had music that could drown out the horn blowing and hollering, but I do admit, a part of me wanted to join them. I am a soccer fan at heart. We rehearsed twice, pre set our puppets and waited for the audience to arrive. We were performing three times for three different audiences of about 25 each. Spica and I both agreed that we got better as we went along. I relaxed more and more as we went along as well. It was such a rush to perform, set up again, perform...three times in a row. We were so grateful that the last show was our best show because a couple from Israel were in the audience. They go to festivals so they can invite shows they like to their own festival in Israel. She asked us if we could create a 45 min piece. We said yes and she invited us for next summer's festival in Israel on the spot!!! We both smiled and when she left we went crazy and jumped for joy! I was so relieved that Spica was so pleased with the performance. I think we both felt proud of our work.
Later that night we went over to a friend of Spica's house to celebrate one of our companion's birthdays. Taiwanese people age so well. I thought she was at the oldest 30. She was 40!! Absolutely phenomenal! At the party there were 4 languages circling the room. Cantonese from Hong Kong, English, Dutch and Manderan from Taiwan. It was incredible to watch the translation happening so quickly. We were all laughing and having a wonderful time. This is what I love most about festivals. The exchange of cultures, way of life and enjoyng people's company from across the world.
Tomorrow is another day of seeing shows and performing. I fear I will never tire of it. :)
We also found out Holland won their game in the World CUP! Hooray for Holland!

No comments: